Friday, when I got home I had the new issue of XXL waiting on me in the mailbox.

Nas had some pretty interesting things to say about some of the things going on. I am not going to post the whole interview but here are som excerpts.

On his album getting pushed back and Jay-Z coming out right before him...

That's not fair, if I push my sh*t back, to blame it on somebody. This is me you're talking about. This is not somebody that just signed yesterday. When I push my sh*t back, deal with it. It's not fair to Jay-Z either, the way it's put on him. But he gotta handle that. You wanna be president of the record label-he gotta handle that...I could pocket my marketing money. I market myself...I put in Nas time and get Nas results. Everything that happened for me was planned-by me. So people should just realize these are my ideas. This is what I'm doing.

On Def Jam artists complaining about sales...

I see where Ghostface sh*t definitely supposed to have been bigger...Ghost reaching who Ghost supposed to reach. Nas reaching who Nas supposed to reach. Jay reaching who Jay supposed to reach. It's not gonna be easy for nobody out there.

On his album title...

They had to expect the least a ni**a like Nas could do was make an album called Ni**er. That ain't strappin up with no bombs. Not that I am encouraging that, that's horrible. But this is the least I am doing? It's pretty sad.

If you don't have the issue pick it up! It's the best one I have read in a while.
|
1 Response to 'Nas' Interview In New XXL!!!'
  1. Anonymous
    http://livehip-hop.blogspot.com/2008/01/nas-interview-in-new-xxl.html?showComment=1201923180000#c8795015401286723367'> February 1, 2008 at 10:33 PM

    http://58ent.blogspot.com/